Anchor Summer Camp seeks to provide twelve days of holiday experiences for individuals of all ages with special needs in the Reformed Christian community. Camp creates a time of relief for parents and representatives. Through dedicated volunteers, Anchor Summer Camp promotes a safe environment, supporting the individual physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the participants. Camp further provides an opportunity to interact and develop friendships among participants and volunteers.
Camp is able to accommodate 30 participants per week with the large number of volunteers needed. The total group is usually around 70 individuals. Participants must be dropped off and picked up from camp.
Who can register:
- Registrations are limited to individuals with special needs in the Reformed Christian Community.
How to register:
- Call or email at [email protected] to request registration
- Must be done on or before May 1st
- You will be sent forms which need to be completed and sent back
After the May 1st deadline those on the waiting list will be considered.
Fees/Registration can be grouped together as one link
The following rates have been set for 2016:
|Fees per week|
|Youth (17 and under)||$250|
Fees are all inclusive and include participation in outings and transportation to outings
Any questions email [email protected]
Anchor Summer Camp is run by volunteer counsellors, kitchen staff, nurses, lifeguards, cleaning and laundry staff. It is important to us and we thank you for your willingness to volunteer your time and gifts, and to help to provide support and friendship to our participants. Volunteers are a vital part of our camp!
Counsellors can sign up for one or two weeks. Counsellors will be paired up with a participant with special needs.
Volunteer counsellor expectations:
- Must be a member of a Canadian Reformed or United Reformed church (or other sister church relations)
- 18+ years old (some exceptions apply under committee review)
Volunteers must display a Christian attitude in dress and conduct, show enthusiasm and energy in spending time with their camper at mealtimes, sing song, day trips, swimming, sports/games and evening closing and bedtime. At all times ensuring the participant’s safety and enjoyment is their top priority.
How to apply
- complete a Volunteer Form with 2 references (one being a minister/elder)
- have a vulnerable sector screening done
- Send all inquiries and completed forms to [email protected] or call 289-880-6258
FOR PAST VOLUNTEERS:
Please contact [email protected] or 289-880-6258 as we have your information on file.