Anchor Summer Camp seeks to provide 12 days of holiday experiences for individuals of all ages with special needs in the Reformed Christian community. Camp creates a time of relief for parents and representatives. Through dedicated volunteers, Anchor Camp promotes a safe environment supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the participants. Camp further provides an opportunity to interact and develop friendships among participants and volunteers.
Camp is able to accommodate 30 participants per week, and a large number of volunteers that are needed. The total group is usually around 70 individuals. Participants must be dropped off and picked up from Camp.
Who can Register
Registrations are limited to individuals with special needs in the Reformed Christian Community.
How to Register
- Email at [email protected] to request registration
- Must be done on or before May 1st
- You will be sent forms which need to be completed and sent back
After the May 1st deadline those on the waiting list will be considered.
The following rates have been set per week:
Youth (17 and under) $275
Adult (18+) $325
Fees are all inclusive and include transporation and participation in outings.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
Volunteers are a vital part of the Anchor Summer Camp. They serve as counsellors, nurses, lifeguards, kitchen staff, cleaning staff and laundry staff. They volunteer their time and talents, and they provide support and friendship to the participants.
Counsellors can sign up for one or two weeks. Counsellors will be paired up with a participant with special needs.
- Must be a member of a Canadian Reformed or United Reformed Church (or other sister church)
- 18+ years old (some exceptions may be approved)
Volunteers must display a Christian attitude in dress and conduct. They also need to show enthusiasm and energy as they spend time with their participant at mealtimes, day trips, swimming, singing, sports/games, evening closing and bedtime. At all times the volunteers must ensure the participants’ safety and enjoyment.
How to Apply
- Complete a Volunteer Form with two references (one being a minister or elder)
- Have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check completed
- Send all inquiries and completed forms to [email protected] or call 289-880-6258
For Past Volunteers
Please contact [email protected] or 289-880-6258 as we have your information on file.