We are happy to be able to offer respite care at 4 different locations!
Anchor Home, Beacon Home, The Lighthouse, and Harbour Home have one space set aside for respite care, for adults as well as for children.
- Email your respite request to Head Office at [email protected] at least three weeks prior to date of care.
- Forms will be emailed to you and must be filled out and returned to Head Office two weeks before a person can be brought into the home.
Generally these requests come from parents who are members of our supporting churches, but from time to time other requests will be considered. Parents/representatives are expected to visit the home and discuss any particulars regarding the care of their child/charge with staff on duty.
Proper documentation needs to be present, as well as phone numbers of health care workers and immediate family. Medication procedures need to be clearly marked. Special requests and instructions, especially those dealing with behaviours or medical issues, must be presented in writing.
As a rule relief periods will not exceed two weeks in length, with a maximum of 42 days (6 weeks) per calendar year. The Executive Director will decide in which home a particular person fits best. We prefer people to remain in their home community; however, due to the nature of the disability this may not always be possible.
Respite residents shall follow the house rules as much as can be expected. After the first respite stay, staff on duty will provide a short oral evaluation to the parents/ representatives, followed by a short written report to be sent to head office for filing. Any concerns for future visits should be addressed at that time.
The Executive Director may at times deny service due to a lack of personnel, space, or the particular needs of the person in need of service.Payments will be arranged via head office. Rates have been established by the Association and are marked on the Application for Relief form.
When the file of a respite resident is available, further periods for respite can be requested on short notice, depending on the duration of the relief. For prolonged stays one week’s notice is a minimum requirement. Early notification is always wise due to limited space and staffing needs. The parents/representatives are expected to pass on pertinent information about a respite resident from time to time, in order to update the file.
Progress notes will be recorded daily by staff and an oral update will be provided to the parents/representatives when they pick up their child.
Our residents worship at the local Canadian Reformed or United Reformed Church. Respite residents are expected to join unless other arrangements have been made.
The following rates have been established by the Association:
Requests for respite will be addressed to head office Application forms will be sent to you.
Respite Care for Individuals of non-supporting churches/agencies:
Notwithstanding the general principles guiding the admission of respite residents, specific guidelines apply for individuals who do not belong to the supporting churches, requesting respite care.
- Since the Anchor Association is a non profit organization and paid for by memberships, donations and church collections, members of the Association will receive first choice of dates.
- Only Individuals from supporting churches will be able to apply for permanent residency.
- Individuals must abide by the rules established by the Association and particular to each home.
- Individuals must not negatively impact on the atmosphere of the home.
- Individuals must be aware of the fact that devotions are scheduled before and after meals.
- Individuals must be aware that on Sundays our residents attend either the Canadian Reformed Church or the United Reformed Church in their locale. Other arrangements can be made, but transportation cannot be provided for practical reasons.
- Respite rates are all inclusive. Apart for some pocket money for personal use, all needs are provided for, including basic transportation. We would like to assist the individual in keeping his/her routines constant to the best of our ability.
- The Executive Director or Board of Directors have final approval.